Lake Forest Presbyterian Church grew out of a ten-month mid-week prayer group that first met in various homes. In June, 1949, Sunday night services were first held in the basement of Center Drug Store on Chapman Highway. These services were attended by 34 members of the community who became the church’s charter members.
In just four short months the first church building located on the present property was completed. Three and one-half years later Lake Forest had 250 members. Sanctuary construction began in October 1955 and was completed in April, 1956.
God has continually blessed the growth and expansion of our church over the past 60 years. As the church moves forward, we seek to draw upon the God-given gifts and talents of our members to be the Body of Christ wherever God calls us to serve.
We invite you to join with us as we seek to know the love of Jesus Christ and to share it with others. Lake Forest is dedicated to the reformed tradition and the Presbyterian form of Government. We are a congregation of The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).