DIrector of Children's Programs
The congregation of Lake Forest Presbyterian Church in South Knoxville, Tennessee, invites candidates to submit applications for the newly created Director of Children’s Programs position. This position was created to provide support for the growing involvement in children’s programs at Lake Forest and to provide quality educational opportunities for the children involved in these programs. The Director will coordinate several ongoing initiatives associated with the children’s program at Lake Forest, such as weekly Wednesday night “Children’s Worship Group”, Vacation Bible School, special events, and coordinating volunteers for the Children’s Church program and Sunday School. The Director will also coordinate with the Christian Education Committee to select curriculum for children’s Sunday School classes. A successful candidate will create new initiatives and programs to foster and support continued growth of the children’s programs.
● Passion for children’s Christian education
● Ability to pass federal and state background checks
● Love for teaching elementary age children about the Bible, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and Christian faith
● Educational background in Christian ministry, early childhood development, or a related field
● Experience in teaching and supervising children
● Experience with program management
Hours: part time- average of 10-12 hours per week
Compensation: $10,000 per year with opportunity for advancement; office and laptop furnished by the church
To apply, please email resume and list of three references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will conclude when the position has been filled.